If you participate in an activity agreement, you are entitled to a living allowance. Example 1: Vincent is 20 years old and has completed a year of economics studies at university. He retired from the Bwusrig and switched to engineering after a year. With Vincent withdrawing from his previous trajectory for reasons that were not beyond his control, Vincent must respect the terms of an YA activity agreement until he completes his course in time considered a satisfactory advance in this course or is no longer qualified for YA, depending on the earliest moment. Directive Reference: Guide SS Satisfaction of the YA Activity Test, Full-time YA Students, 3.2.7,100 Full-time Students Satisfactory Progress The authorized time is measured according to the minimum duration of the tertiary course you are currently studying. The time that has already been spent studying at the same level is then deducted from this limit to determine if you are still doing qualifying studies. If you receive youth benefits, you are not limited in the time they have spent studying at the same level. If you receive youth benefits, you may be asked to sign an agreement if you try a second or subsequent course at the same level. One of the criteria for conducting qualifying studies for professional purposes is that you need to make satisfactory progress in your course.

A tertiary improves satisfactorily if the time spent in the course (with time spent at the same level in other courses) does not exceed the time allowed for this course. For the youth allowance, the time allowed is measured only by the study you have done in your current course. If you receive youth assistance, there is no limit to the number of courses you can take at the same level and you can maintain full-time student status. If you have already tried another course at the same level, you may need to enter into an activity agreement for students. Students must take a course over an authorized period based on the minimum time normally required to complete the course, as well as an additional allowable period. Up to one year of additional eligible time may be granted to complete your course.

Please follow and like us: